Excel as a Leader
“Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself. It is precisely that simple and also that difficult.”
– Warren Bennis, author of On Becoming a Leader and Why Leaders Can’t Lead
As a leader, you have many facets. In her work with leaders at every organizational level, Dr. Stebbins has learned that leadership requires two important elements:
- Leading others
While leading others is defined as ‘leadership,’ the concept of ‘self-leadership’ is misunderstood and too often overlooked. Traditionally, organizations keep their ‘leadership pipelines’ filled through internal promotions. Individuals or ‘individual contributors’ successfully demonstrating a high level of technical expertise will often get promoted into leadership roles. The assumption is made that technical success translates into leadership success This assumption creates challenges for these individual contributors transitioning to leadership.
To deal with this challenge, Dr. Stebbins believes that addressing self-leadership and leadership of others simultaneously is required. Not doing so results in leaders who are unable to live up to their fullest potential, although they may continue to be promoted. In the end, the organization doesn’t have the necessary internal leadership capacity to move effectively into the future.
Dr. Stebbins’ leadership services are designed to help the individual contributor establish the leadership skill foundation needed for success. Dr. Stebbins also works with more experienced leaders to fine-tune their skills.
Dr. Stebbins will work with management to create a customized leadership training package. All packages will include personal one-on-one coaching. Services can include:
- Leadership skill assessment
- Emotional intelligence assessment
- MBTI personality assessment
- Leadership vision statement
- Building skills for engaging all stakeholders with a systems approach
- How to transform ineffective behaviors through coaching
- How to maintain focus on results while building/maintaining critical relationships
- How to be an effective change management leader
“Dr. Stebbins’ leadership training is some of the best professional development education I have every received.” Cindy L.